As you may know, Christine at Brave and Reckless has sponsored several writing prompt challenges over the last six months. She is sponsoring a special July Writing Prompt Challenge Blood Into Ink. Although this challenge is inspired by this writing community, submissions do not have to be about survival. Women and men alike are encouraged to take this prompt where their muse leads them.
Writing Prompt: Blood Into Ink
- Using the writing prompt above, write a 100 to 800 word original, previously unpublished piece that integrates the writing prompt. It can be poetry, prose, short fiction or even essay. The prompt can be used as the title, you can use the phrase intact, or break it up however you want within the written piece.
- Pick out an image to go with your submission
- Write a brief biography
- Send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight EST on Monday, July 31, 2017:
- Your original piece
- suggested image
- brief biography
- link to where you post your writing (blog, Facebook page, Instagram, etc.)
- Submissions will be judged by Christine and at least one guest judge. If you are interested in being a guest judge for this challenge, let Christine know!
- Christine will publish all submissions on Brave and Reckless as long as they are appropriate and you are welcome to reblog once they have been published on B & R. They will also get a plug on Brave and Reckless‘ Twitter and Facebook pages. With the approval of the Blood Into Ink Curators, relevant submissions may also be published on Blood Into Ink.
Please feel free reblog and post this challenge invitation